Having recently dealt with MS Exchange vs. Firewall and flows issues, I thought it might be interesting to post a summary of useful links related to network ports and flows used by Exchange and various clients . Bottom line: Exchange and firewalls ain’t no good friends but you already knew that don’t you?
Clients and Mailflows
- Exchange Server 2000
- Exchange Server 2003
- Exchange Server 2007
- Exchange Server 2010
- Exchange Server 2013
- MS Download [MSFT]: Exchange Server 2013 SP1 Architecture Poster
- The Exchange Team Blog [MSFT]: Exchange, Firewalls, and Support… Oh, my!
- Microsoft Remote connectivity Analyzer [MSFT]
- Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer [MSFT]
- Office Interoperability blog [MSFT]: New Office & Exchange Protocol Parsers for Message Analyzer v1.2